Here is the simplest and free procedure on how to Clean Baby’s Feeding Bottles.
1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before handling baby’s feeding bottles.
2. Empty the feeding bottles if there are remains of milk and detach all the pieces separately.
3. Gather all the items to be used for cleaning such as soap, warm water, bottle brush, storing container, and sterilizer.
4. Clean each piece thoroughly with warm soapy water and a bottle brush to rub. Ensure you clean out all dried milk that may be stuck in the bottle, teats, or lids.
5. Rinse thoroughly with clean warm water.
6. If using Boiling to sterilize the feeding bottles,
- Place all the equipment in a large pot filled with water when sterilizing by boiling,
- Boil the water and feeding equipment inside for a minimum of ten minutes,
- Leave the pot uncovered to prevent the equipment from melting.
- Take the bottles from the pot and shake off excess water.
- If not using immediately, put the pieces back and store them in a clean storage container.
8. If using the sterilizing chemicals, ie Milton
- Place all feeding equipment in a large storage container filled with water.
- Add a small amount of sterilizing chemicals as advised in the instructions manual.
- Leave feeding equipment in the sterilizing solution until you need to use them.
- Allow the bottles, teats/nipples and lids to drain before using them.
- N/B Do not rinse the sterilizing solution from the bottles as it exposes them to germs.
- Clean the storing container thoroughly with warm soapy water before making a fresh sterilizing solution
Tags BABYBABY FEEDING EQUIPMENT BOILING BOTTLE BRUSH BOTTLE FEEDING FEEDING BOTTLES LIDS MILTON STERILISING SOLUTION NIPPLES STERILIZING TEATS WARM SOAPY WATER
Leave a Comment