The School was established in August 2004 as a Centre of Excellence in Health Research, Capacity Building and Product Development and named School of Health Sciences. Its name was later changed to School of Medicine. It has grown rapidly and has seen the Public Health Component branch off to form the School of Public Health, the Pharmacy component form the School of Pharmacy and the Nursing component the School of Nursing.
Departments of the School (Kenyatta University)
1. Human Anatomy.
2. Medical Physiology.
4. Surgery & Orthopaedics.
5. Medicine, Therapeutics, Dermatology & Psychiatry.
6. Paediatrics & Child Health.
7. Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
8. Community Health (under School of Public Health).
9. Medical Biochemistry (under School of Pure & Applied Sciences)
10. Medical Laboratory Science.
Programmes on Offer
The School offers the following approved programmes:
1. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB).
2. BSc. Medical Laboratory Science.
3. MSc., Infectious Diseases.
4. Master of Medicine in Family Medicine.
5. Ph.D in different specialities of Medicine.
kenyatta university school of medicine fees structure
bachelor of clinical medicine kenyatta university
kenyatta university courses
jkuat school of medicine
kenyatta university school of nursing
kenyatta university bridging courses
diploma in nursing at kenyatta university
kenyatta university school of medicine online application