As with all M-pesa services, you can use Equity bank paybill number and transfer money from your car or office. You can then pay bills from your Equity bank account. These bills include hospital bills, insurance bills and even NHIF contributions.
These are the simple steps of how to use Equity Mpesa Paybill to transfer money to equity account. This situation could be in a hospital setting which has options to pay money(hospital bill) from mpesa to their equity bank account.
- From Mpesa menu, Select Lipa na M-PESA.
- Choose Pay Bill.
- M-Pesa asks you for the Pay Bill Number. Enter 247247 which is the Equity bank paybill number.
- Enter your Equity bank account number, or the account number that you want to transfer money from Mpesa to.
- Then enter the amount to transfer from Mpesa to the Equity bank account you entered in step 4.
- M-pesa asks for your M-pesa PIN. Enter your M-Pesa PIN
- Verify that you have entered the correct data. It is very important that you do not skip this step.
- Confirm that the information you have entered is correct. Press OK to send.
- You will shortly receive an M-Pesa transaction confirmation SMS from Safaricom.
And in case of any delay or concern, below are the contacts for help
Equity Bank Paybill Number – Equity Bank Customer Care
Safaricom: 0711 026 000
Airtel: 0732 112 000
Tel: 020 226 2000