Parents, are you aware that your public secondary school child has comprehensive medical cover courtesy of the government? I bet most of you don't know.
Edu Afya- Health Public Secondary Cover
Your son or daughter has a comprehensive Health Cover for Public Secondary school Form 1- 4- by the Government of Kenya and NHIF
They are covered in both Outpatient and In-patient- They can access foreign medical care, from INDIA or any other COUNTRY (Overseas Treatment) and you do not have to pay any cent. (After Preauthorization)
1. Outpatient benefits
- Medical- Drugs- Optical- Dental- Radiology
- Ct-scan, MRI Oncology, and Dialysis
- Inpatient - admission- surgeries-etc - Your Child can be admitted to Mater, Agha-khan, Nairobi, or any other hospital and access specialists that cover
- Drugs and Substance - Rehabilitation Counseling is also in the Cover
- You do not need to do Fundraising or WhatsApp Harambees - recently a student who incurred a bill of 10 million from Alliance was all paid by the Ministry of education through Edu Afya cover.
-In case of Death- in an event where a student die- the parents are given 100,000 as the last expense-
If your Child died between 2018 ( When the Cover was started) to 2021 you can still claim the money- only need to take Nemis number Death and Birth certificate and the names are constant,
Personal Accident- if a child is involved in an accident the student is supposed to be paid Ksh.400,000
Emergency Evacuation- You can get ambulances, air evacuation for that cover in case of an accident to your child- in that cover
Road Ambulance Emergency Services- 0738395395
Ensure your child has NEMIS No, and Headmaster has registered your son or daughter and they have the UPI (Unique Person Identifier) number and Student NHIF Number.
-No Nemis No. No NHIF no.
Toll Free No.NHIf 800720601 24hrs
Next time you have a sickness situation,try this...
You can write your comment below if you liked this article or have something to ask
Thank you. Very informativeReply