Parents, are you aware that your public secondary school child has comprehensive medical cover courtesy of the government? I bet most of you don't know.
Edu Afya- Health Public Secondary Cover
Your son or daughter has a comprehensive Health Cover for Public Secondary school Form 1- 4- by the Government of Kenya and NHIF
They are covered in both Outpatient and In-patient- They can access foreign medical care, from INDIA or any other COUNTRY (Overseas Treatment) and you do not have to pay any cent. (After Preauthorization)
1. Outpatient benefits
- Medical- Drugs- Optical- Dental- Radiology
- Ct-scan, MRI Oncology, and Dialysis
- Inpatient - admission- surgeries-etc - Your Child can be admitted to Mater, Agha-khan, Nairobi, or any other hospital and access specialists that cover
- Drugs and Substance - Rehabilitation Counseling is also in the Cover
- You do not need to do Fundraising or WhatsApp Harambees - recently a student who incurred a bill of 10 million from Alliance was all paid by the Ministry of education through Edu Afya cover.
-In case of Death- in an event where a student die- the parents are given 100,000 as the last expense-
If your Child died between 2018 ( When the Cover was started) to 2021 you can still claim the money- only need to take Nemis number Death and Birth certificate and the names are constant,
Personal Accident- if a child is involved in an accident the student is supposed to be paid Ksh.400,000
Emergency Evacuation- You can get ambulances, air evacuation for that cover in case of an accident to your child- in that cover
Road Ambulance Emergency Services- 0738395395
Ensure your child has NEMIS No, and Headmaster has registered your son or daughter and they have the UPI (Unique Person Identifier) number and Student NHIF Number.
-No Nemis No. No NHIF no.
Toll Free No.NHIf 800720601 24hrs
Next time you have a sickness situation,try this...
You can write your comment below if you liked this article or have something to ask
Thank you. Very informativeReply
The nhif free till 800720601 is not workingReply
Hello, use this procedure to pay NHIF. Go to Mpesa Menu, Select Paybill and enter 200222 as the business/pay bill number; Enter your National ID number as your account number; Enter the amount you want to pay; then entire your Mpesa Pin and send