What to do prior to accessing Kenyatta National Hospital Services;
1. Ensure you have mobile banking (MPESA) loaded with cash since all their payments are made with Mpesa Paybill number. They strictly do not accept CASH transactions. However, their equity bank playbill numbers used to work to enhance quick operations but as of today, the equity bank playbill payments at KNH do not work.
2. If you have a referral patient, ensure your referral papers and everything pertaining to the smooth admission is in order. By this, it means that the patient should access the accident and emergency section immediately on arrival so as to receive the triage assessment and medications awaiting further tests.
3. After the TRIAGE attendance at the door of accident and emergency, one will be asked to pay the admission form which will be used by doctors to record the various tests and diagnosis. Here you will be asked to pay around Kshs 650 if it's your first time at KNH as a patient.
4. Be prompt once asked for a laboratory test and be alert to hear your name being called on loudspeakers for your attention on your patient results.
5. Have all your valuables in one place as every item if lost is at the person's risk.
6. ABOVE ALL; expect DELAYS and MUCH WAITING along the process. It might take you more than the time expected and you might be tempted to lose a patient.
7. Patience is everything as people are many and everyone needs attention. If admitting a patient, it might take you not less than 5 hours on a normal day.